Sharing information that is helpful and affords profitable results with satisfactory production is part of the team effort here at SawBlade.com. Proper Bandsaw Blade Tracking is helpful advice any bandsaw operator should know in order to achieve those desired results.
Proper bandsaw blade tracking procedure is meant to help the bandsaw machine operator stay safe while also conducting a flawless cutting operation.
For proper bandsaw blade tracking, we advise the following:
- Remove the back-up guides and then loosen or remove the side guides.
- Tension the saw blade. The blade should be properly tightened in order to obtain straight cuts and to reduce blade fatigue.
- After the desired tension is reached, turn on the machine and pay close attention to tracking
- Turn off the machine and make any further adjustments until the blade is closest to the flange
- Adjust the back-up guides until they touch the blade back evenly
- Re-adjust the side guides and check for proper tension again
Following all of the basic machine-use procedures will help a bandsaw machine operator to stay safe as well as being more productive. This procedure in particular is simple yet significant when quality of product and ease of operation are desired.